1. Camp Fuji is a dependent-restricted 1 year tour.
2. Basic allowance for housing (BAH) will be recieved with dependants based from location of your last permanent duty station (PDS), if they are not in government housing. If the dependents residence zip code is different than your last PDS your PCS orders need to be endorsed by your detaching administrative center authorizing you to receive the BAH rate of the actual residence zip code. (Refer to Joint Federal Travel Regulation (JFTR) U10408 Table U10E-6 Rule 1 and MCO 7220.56).
3. All E-6 and above rate COMRATS.
4. If you have been assinged to Camp Fuji, contact us in order to get a sponsor.
5. All military personnel are housed in either the BEQ (E-1 - E-5) or the BOQ (E-6 and above).
6. Cost of living allowance (COLA), Overseas COLA Calculator, can be calculated by using the Locality Code by inputting our COLA Code: JP067.
7. Family separation allowance (FSA-R) for your dependents, will be received while you are stationed at Camp Fuji.
8. The utility uniform is the normal uniform of the day. It is strongly recommended that you have all of the uniforms and accessories (i.e. buttons, tie clasps, etc.) prior to coming to Camp Fuji. Limited uniform items are provided within the 7-day store.
SSgt or above to own a vehicle and must have command approval. All vehicles must be registered with PMO and have Personal Damage Insurance and Japanese Compulsory Insurance. All vehicles must pass annual maintenance inspections before the owner can purchase insurance. An annual road tax must be paid to the GOJ and to drive a POV in Japan you must apply through the command for a license.
The Green Line, operated by CATC, provides transportation to the neighboring bases. Transportation by train or commercial bus is also available. The bus ride from Camp Fuji to the train station, 10km costs only ¥360 or about $4.
First Class letters and Priority Mail takes about 7-10 days to get here. Parcel Post Mail takes about 2-3 months to get here. Unit address is provided below:
HQBN Camp Fuji
PSC 564 Box 080
FPO AP 96387-0080
Personal Property TMO
Notify your local TMO office of your orders 30 days prior to departure for Camp Fuji. The TMO Office located in Atsugi will notify the TMO office in Camp Fuji. Once received, they we will coordinate a day of delivery to Camp Fuji. If assigned to HQBN, Camp Fuji (MCC 20229), the following address should be provided to your current TMO Office for personal property shipping purpose:
QENQ M20229 PPSO FUJI JAPAN
PSC 564 BOX 80 FPO AP 96387
**Shipment may take 30-60 days**
There are no banks aboard Camp Fuji. There are two ATM's that will despence Yen or dollars. The cost of living allowance (COLA) you will receive will offset some of the expense. Marine members of NFCU may also use the branch office at Yokosuka to obtain cash and take care of other financial obligations.